Monday, March 31, 2014

Bio/Geo Timeline

The point of studying the bio/geo timeline was to have an understanding of what existed in the earlier periods of time on our planet. The time period that I studied with my group was the carboniferous period. During this time, many coal beds were beginning to form. Terrestrial life was also established during this period whereas amphibians were dominant land vertebrates, which evolved into reptiles. At this time, many forests covered a large amount of land on the planet and this eventually formed coal beds.A change in climate caused a minor marine and and terrestrial extinction event. During the later half of the period, the planet faced many glaciations, low sea level, and mountain building as the continents collided to form Pangaea.

In order to show my full understanding of the carboniferous period, I had a lot of contributions made. One thing I did was make the 150 word summary of the carboniferous period, which gave the class and myself a better understanding of everything. I also made the fossil that had to do with the period. It was a carving of a fern, which is a weed-like plant that was around during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment