Friday, May 30, 2014

Protecting Marine Resources

In my life, marine wild life does not play a huge factor. I do not often go to the beach and I also go in the ocean very seldom. I have been fishing a few times before, so I have interacted with fish on separate occasions. As far as pets, I do not own any marine wild life such as fish, turtles, lobsters, etc. Another reason that marine wild life does not play a huge factor in my life is because I do not eat any seafood. I said that I have fished before, but I never eat anything that I catch, plus my family doesn't really eat seafood either.

I feel that the use of marine resources has a decent impact on me. The part about using marine resources that bothers me the most is capturing any marine mammals and keeping out of their habitat. For example, I am bothered that Sea World would take it upon them to capture Killer Whales just so that they can do pointless tricks with them for entertainment. What makes this worse is the fact that they have false facts about almost everything they say about the whales. They act as if it is okay to take a whale away from its family and put it in some large pool where it is powerless. This is a cruel act and abuse towards marine wild life.

Based on what I have already discussed, I will continue to take actions to protect marine resources for the future. As always, I will continue to throw away all trash that I have instead of throwing it on the ground. This means that any plastic or any other object that could have been littered now wont end up in the ocean where marine mammals could choke on it. Not only could I continue to not litter, I could also prevent others from doing the same. By this I mean I can tell people who I see litter to pick up their trash and throw it away. I also could pick up any trash/litter that I come across so that It does not end up anywhere in the ocean.



No comments:

Post a Comment