Friday, October 4, 2013

Oceanography Fiield Trip

Out of the many field trips I've taken, this is one of the most interesting ones I have taken. I learned many things during this experience that I never realized before. For example, I learned how to pin-point my location using a map when im in the ocean. This was very helpful and interesting to learn about for if or when I ever am in this situation. I also learned about how imporatnt plankton are to the ocean and humans. They are the reason that we have around two thirds of our oxygen. They are also at the bottom of the food chain in the ocean and are essential for many sea mammals. I also learned some interesting things about the beach. I found it really neat how the sand changes its color when its closer or further from the ocean. The closer the sand is to the ocean, the smaller the grain is and its color is different. As far as animals go, I learned something really neat about lobsters. You can tell the male and female apart because the males have bigger claws but they have smaller tails. The females can carry thousands of egs on their stomachs. Overall, this field trip was a fascintaing experience as fas as expanding my learning about the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment